3ie – EVIDENCE 2018 BURSARY APPLICATIONS
Welcome to the 3ie Bursary Application in support of attendance at the Evidence 2018 Conference.
The bursary programme is part of 3ie’s effort towards building capacity in conducting and using high-quality impact evaluations and systematic reviews that can generate policy-relevant evidence. Bursaries are awarded to researchers and policymakers from low-or-middle-income countries for trainings and conferences organised by 3ie or other organisations. To date, 3ie have awarded over 1,000 bursaries. We anticipate making 90 additional awards in 2018. For more information, please click here.
All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used exclusively by the 3ie Bursary Committee to decide on the bursary awards.
The aim of the 3ie Bursary programme is to make the Evidence 2018 Conference accessible to those participants who would otherwise not have been able to attend. If you do have access to resources to fund your Evidence 2018 participation, travel and accommodation, please do not apply for this bursary.
Please note that if you have already registered for the Evidence 2018 conference, your bursary application cannot be considered.
- 01 March: 3ie Bursary applications open.
- 01 June: Deadline for 3ie bursary applications.
- 13 June: Announcement of 3ie bursary awards.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Participants must be nationals of, and currently residing in an African country.
- Participants must also be actively engaged in conducting impact evaluations or systematic reviews with local agencies, and not multilateral organisations.
- Participants must provide a letter of support from their employers. [This can be received once the participants are selected for the bursary]
- Participants must meet any additional eligibility criteria, as specified by the event organizer.
- Bursaries are awarded on a competitive basis through open-calls for applications, which are announced on 3ie’s website and social media pages.
- In some instances, bursaries are limited to individuals nominated by 3ie’s affiliates.
WHAT DOES A BURSARY COVER?
- For each bursary award, 3ie covers (i) round-trip economy-class airfare from the participant’s home city, (ii) accommodation (specified by 3ie) and (iii) conference registration fee.
- Participants are responsible for costs associated with the visa application process, ground transportation such as airport transfers, and meals which are not included in the registration fee.
- 3ie will not provide per diem/daily allowances.
To apply for a 3ie bursary, please click here.