Applications are closed!
The Evidence 2018 conference is being convened under the theme of: ‘Engage | Understand | Impact’
Grounded in the themes ‘Engage, Understand, Impact’, the EVIDENCE 2018 conference programme will focus on four areas of priority in Africa: Quality Education, Communicable Diseases, Climate Resilience, and Good Governance. This focus on current priorities aims to further encourage and promote EIDM in Africa, thereby contributing to the development of effective public policies, efficient implementation of services, as well as joint learning on interventions that tackle poverty and inequality in African countries.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
An international panel of experts will review the abstracts. Each abstract will be reviewed by at least two (2) different reviewers. Each abstract is given a score considering criteria such as content, significance, originality, relevance and overall presentation. Abstracts may be selected for (based on review-score):
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation (electronic format), or
- May be rejected.
The SPC will meet to finalise the programme – creating sessions based on the abstract reviews.
Authors of abstracts whose entries are selected will be notified by the SPC by 02 July 2018. Authors will be notified of the final programme by 08 July 2018.
If authors wish to withdraw their abstracts from presentation or publication they are requested to send a letter via e-mail to the conference secretariat before 17 June 2018. Consequently the abstract will not be presented nor published.
- 01 March 2018: Abstract submission opens
- 30 April 2018: Abstract submission closure
- 20 June 2018: Abstracts received by authors who have registered their attendance by this date will be given preference for placement in the programme
- 02 July 2018: Abstract acceptance/rejection notifications issued to authors
- 09 July 2018: Final notification to presenting author(s) of abstract allocation in the programme